Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting To Know You


We've been living with this tiny person now for one month, and have yet to experience the full realm of her personality. However, we have been taking note of little quirks that surface from time to time, and love getting to know our baby girl! Just a few observations at this point in time:

*Fascinated by light. Will fall asleep staring at the bright window.

*Mesmerized by the blueberry wreath above her changing table...and does not like being disturbed while in this blueberry trance!

*Always has her little feet crossed. Cuteness.

*As seen in the video, has a bit of trouble keeping her eyes closed when she's sleepy...

*Must be a Niner fan, as she pooped all over my Vikings shirt ON game day.

*Finds burp rags a personal challenge- will avoid at all costs. This usually means the last minute head-turn or (my personal favorite) the over-the-burp-rag spew. Bonus points if she spits up all over mommy at church.

*Formula for instant sleep: A full tummy, a binky, and mom or dad's chest to rest against.

*Looks like she's going to be a water bug...she enjoys bath time with daddy!

*Becomes a human squeak-toy when hiccups come...and they come often!


I got Kendall out of bed to feed her a few nights ago, and she looked up and smiled at me. I'm not convinced this was intentional, but it gave me a glimpse of what is to come, and I can't wait!

Happy one month birthday, my sweetie!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Isn't it all wonderful? I can't wait to have those moments again in just a few months!

I remember thinking when Dominic was that little, that there must be something wrong with me because I didn't "know" my son yet! Who knew that it takes MONTHS for that to really happen. Heck, he's 18 months now and I still look at him and think, "who ARE you!?" LOL

Im very happy for you, Jaime! Enjoy all of these moments!

grandma M said...

Jamie she is so beautiful. Thank you for all the pictures. Each picture she looks so much older and alert., I can't wait to hug her. Grandma

JABBY said...

what a sweet post jaime! she is just so precious. i love your blog! keep the new posts coming!