Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Season...of Television!

Don't know how the mom's of yesteryear endured all their midnight feedings without the luxury of the television or iPhone for entertainment! I also can't imagine enduring a long winter indoors without some good programming to view. While the baby's on the boob, this mom enjoys the boob tube...and January is going to supply some good entertainment (finally! It's been a long hiatis!).

Here are some programs we are looking forward to at the Stavenger home:

American Idol. This is a favorite in the Petersen family- Chris and I watched our first season together this past year. Introducing Ellen as judge #4 will be an interesting (and likely entertaining) twist this season! The downside of this show: fear that it may produce another Adam Lambert.

Survivor- Heroes and Villains. We don't usually watch Survivor, but my parents continue to tune in every season with friends. We watched the last couple episodes with them here in Duluth, and were enthralled with one of the characters. Since he will be making an encore appearance in next season's game, we may have to tune in! Downside: Just one more show to TiVo on Thursday nights....sigh....

The Bachelor. I wasn't religious about tuning in the past few seasons, but tuned in enough last season's "The Bachelorette" to know that I really liked Jake, the pilot. Now, Jake is in the "pilot's seat" as the new bachelor, and so far he seems to be a nice guy. The downside of this show: hottubs and skimpy suits abound needlessly.

24. Why this is so far down on my list, I don't know. Of course, it's the most highly anticipated around here. And with rumors swirling that this is the final season, we're intrigued. Jack Bauer was on his death bed at the end of last season...yet he looks just fine in the previews. We may have to make some pork butt for dinner to remember Derek and kick off the new season! There is no downside to Jack Bauer.

Brace for Impact. TLC's special this Sunday night is about the airplane incident in the Hudson river, narrated by Harrison Ford and honoring Chris' man-crush, Captain Sully. It's been on our calendar for a while now.

How about you? Any favorites we should check out?

3 comments:

Matt Foreman said...

what about Lost? For sure to hold your interest and keep you wanting more. If you haven't started yet, there is time to get in the previous five seasons (providing it stays bone chillingly cold) in time for the Feb. 2nd first episode of season 6, the final season.

Unknown said...

My vote is on Chuck. Very witty and clever humor with a touch of sarcasm, and some good action to go along with it. Just started this last Sunday so you can still catch up either on hulu or nbc's website. I got my parents hooked since I have been home. Chuck 2.0 in now activated!! Hope all is well with you guys and the baby can't wait for a visit to see the little bundle of joy! I too can't wait for 24...my parents got me on that last season.

Amelia said...

My favorites are House, Lie to Me, and Bones. I have been watching the Bachelor this season too though, and am quite fond of Jake. I even had to "defend his honor" one night on facebook when James January was talkin smack lol. I do watch all my tv online though, since I don't have cable...or local channels. I only use my tv for movies. Good luck with the search for good TV! House and Lie to Me are on back to back on mondays, and Bones is on Thursdays. :)