Monday, February 23, 2009

The First Annual Stavenger Oscar Party

I made a comment early Sunday about how I wish I had an Oscar party to go to (Jenny Platt...I miss you!). He said, "you do! The Stavenger Oscar party, hosted by me!" Well, my "host" ended up on the computer for over half of it, but I'm not complaining- he watched a bit with me, which was more than I was expecting (I bribed him with an Oreo dessert). To make it more...um...interactive, I gave us each a sheet of aluminum foil so that we could make Oscars for each other.

Mine was a skillfully crafted Oscar man resembling my husband.

I got a piece of foil folded in half with an amoebic heart on top.

I loved the Oscars this year- I thought the set design was really cool, and the presentations were unique. We also were glad that "Slumdog Millionaire" got it's due recognition. We saw it on Saturday and thought it was a great story, creatively presented. Glad it received so many accolades!

What was your take on the Oscars?

1 comment:

http://alberico.net said...

My Oscar party felt a lot like work! ;)

While the show was interesting looking and sounding this year, there really wasn't anything too over the top or amazing about the show.

In person, the theater looked B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L and I really don't think it translated all the beauty/scale that well on TV.

I liked the new layout of the stage and the addition/use of a house/jazz band rather than just the normal orchestra.

Hugh did a decent job though I still prefer either Chris Rock, John Stewart or even David Letterman's past hosting performances.

Overall it was not a very exciting year but I suppose most of that is due to the movies which came out and probably even more so thanks to the strikes which OBVIOUSLY slowed down the industry!