Thursday, February 19, 2009

The San Francisco Treat!

Chris pried me away from the computer (where I've been the last month tending to my course studies) for a Valentine's Day weekend in California- San Francisco, to be exact. Now, I wasn't expecting sun, or even warmth (I've been to SF many times, after all), but I wasn't expecting the deluge of water from the sky! It put a bit of a *damper* on our outdoor sightseeing! But a little rain didn't stop us from seeing the good stuff in the City!

Here's the whole bunch of us in Union Square- my parents, us, and Chris' parents.

We enjoyed a very yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, joined by friends Karen, Christa and Mikey.

After seeing a fantastic production of "Wicked" at the Orpheum, we enjoyed a classy meal for our Valentine's dinner.

We sauntered over to Pier 39 to look around, but ended up taking cover from the rain in a couple stores- stopped long enough to ogle at the sea lions, and then got the heck out of there! Above is our best sea lion impression.

Next stop: Alcatraz. The tumultuous waves in the bay made for an interesting boat ride...

In the slammer.

Back on shore, we got up close and personal with the Golden Gate Bridge!

(By this time, I had "wet dog" hair- thanks, but no thanks for the rain.)

For a much more extensive picture album, check out my Facebook page!

No comments: