Monday, February 09, 2009

Breaking Up the Winter Blues

Hi folks! There's an ice storm a-brewin', so school has been canceled for today. So, I guess I can throw a blog out there for ya. Yesterday we were making our way back home from a quick trip to Moorhead to celebrate our nephew's birthday. As we closed in on Duluth, I was totally enamored with the full moon hanging over the sea of trees at dusk. It was beautiful. I was waiting for a loon to come flying across, leaving it's shadow against the sunset and completing the picturesque scene.
It was a great weekend with family.

This was the first of a string of weekends marked by travel. On Valentine's Day weekend, we'll be traveling to the great San Francisco...spending just enough time there to do some sightseeing with my in-laws, visit with my parents, and see the musical production "Wicked".

At the beginning of March, our travel commences once again with a road trip to Kansas! Chris has always dreamed of going to a Kansas University basketball home game...so I'm indulging him on this one! We're making the loooong drive down for the game, and heading back all in the same day.






Wrapping up March travel (so we hope!) is our pilgrimmage to the State Hockey Tournament in the Minneapolis. Chris' family attends this event often...it will be a first for me. I'm still getting used to all the hockey hype around these parts!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Oh Hockey State! Fun! Is Moorhead looking like they will go this year?

Emma said...

Hey we'll be in CA over the weekend too. And my BIL LOVES KU, I may have mentioned that. He always seems to be wearing KU clothing. I once jokingly asked him if he owned any T-shirts that weren't KU. He thought for a second and said, "I might, but I don't wear them."