Friday, September 21, 2007

Renovation.


On Wednesday, I had the privilege of hearing Joni Eareckson Tada speak at chapel as part of Biola's centennial celebration. Later in the day, I attended a Biola Business Women's luncheon, at which she also delivered a message. The verse she wrapped her message around at the latter was Philippians 2:3-4:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."


This verse really spoke to my heart as I wrestled with how I often pray. When a situation arises that I'm disgruntled over, I pray for God to CHANGE or FIX that situation. This is especially true with other people...."Lord, I don't like what this person is doing or how this person is acting. Please change them." Yet, more often than not, when I pray for God to change a situation or a person, God changes ME instead. It seems so backwards...but isn't that the way God chooses to prove himself over and over again?

No comments: