Tuesday, December 12, 2006

COTW Visits Biola



Shaaaaaame, shaaaaame on me for not blogging for so long. Don't lose faith in me, folks. I just had a lapse of temporary insanity, but am ready with renascent vigor to bring you munificent musings on life.

Friday was such a COOL day! First, one of my freshmen students came to my office and gave me a gift bag with a cookie and a small ornament that she had deocrated, along with a card that said, "Thanks for being so helpful and absolutely wonderful! You are a gift from God." I soooo appreciated this, since Credential Analysts aren't the first ones to get recognized on the gift list... It's a big shift from my days of teaching Second Grade, when I had to make several trips to my car just to load all the goodies I got. This was just as special.

Second, I got a visit from Christa and Mikey Hahn, along with all of the children from COTW! (The picture above shows them in front of the famous Jesus mural at Biola...it amuses me because it looks like Jesus is about to drop The Book on them. I guess if you're going to get hit with something, it might as well be a giant Bible.) This was my first time meeting the new group of children. I got to show them around Biola a bit (somehow they are under the impression that I run the place, so let's keep that going....) and Christa visited my office in the Education Department. We had a couple faculty on site over the lunch break, so I thought I'd take them out into the Biola quad to sing a bit for them. As soon as the kids started singing, a crowd of at LEAST 100 students began to gather around. People were stopped everywhere in eyesight of the choir. They did just a couple portions of songs, but could be heard all around campus. (Our students erupted in applause when the children started singing "Take the Shackles off my feet so I can dance"...and boy, can they EVER dance!) Following their performance, they spent some time talking and playing with our Biola students, who seemed as if they haven't seen children in a long time and were ready to PLAY! I was so proud of how welcoming these students were! Below are some pictures from the event...


COTW draws a crowd!




Hammin' it up with the laaaadies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the second grade goodies too!! I also miss you in all of your wonderfulness :-) How long are you going to be here for Christmas?? Oh, could you please send me your address.... pretty please? Just myspace it!