Monday, April 23, 2012

Best Thing I've Eaten...

Okay.  If it's worth my time retyping a recipe while my child wriggles and cries on my lap, it's worth eating. 
Hands down, best thing I've eaten in a long time. 
And, takes about 10 minutes start to finish.  It's my kind of recipe :)

Avocado-Based Chicken Salad

1 Avocado
2 large chicken breasts, cooked (or 3 small)
squirt of lime juice
handful of cilantro, chopped
1-2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon mayo (optional) for texture
dash of salt


Shred the chicken, combine with other ingredients and mash it up well.  You'll have to adjust the portions to taste...the above is what I used.  However, if you love avocado, add another.  If you hate cilantro (Grandma), well...I wouldn't make this because the cilantro is brilliant.  Trust me.

I scooped it on to Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits (um, DELISH!) which added some extra flavor.  However, it can also be slapped on a sandwich (ciabatta, anyone??) or just forked directly into your mouth.  Whatev. 


No comments: