Monday, June 06, 2011

But I Just Don't FEEL Pregnant.

This pregnancy has been weird.
I've been sick, tired, sick and tired.
I've got an conspicuous round bump on the front side of me.
And though all signs point to PREGNANT, I have had a hard time making the connection mentally.

I think the miscarriage messed with my mind a bit.  I didn't allow myself to feel happy about getting pregnant again.  I haven't made it a priority to "bond" with this baby like I did the last.  I haven't even talked about it much.  And it wasn't until last week when we SAW the baby on the screen and heard that healthy heartbeat that I truly embraced my pregnancy.

Factor number two, to which many more moms can relate, is the fact that I'm BUSIER this time around- busy taking care of baby (toddler!) #1!  I don't have time to immerse myself in pregnancy books and watch "A Baby Story" every day.  Maternity shopping has lost it's luster (mainly because I'm reusing many items, and no thanks to the extra baby weight I'm still carrying from the first).  It's business as usual here, and this pregnancy seems to be an afterthought to both Chris and I.

Baby #2, just chillin' with it's feet up.  :)
So, Baby #2, I am already bearing some mommy guilt for not paying more attention to your miraculous growth these last few months.  We promise to love you JUST as much as your big sister!  And in the meantime, we are busy preparing our lives for your big entrance.  I hope you understand if it's a little chaotic for a while- just enjoy your peaceful little home for the time being. 

6 comments:

Steph Stull said...

It may be too early to guess gender, but I say boy :)

Emily B. said...

Jamie, I experienced much of the same when I was pregnant with Preston. Izzy was 5 months old, we weren't planning on having another baby that soon, and then the postpartum hit...needless to say, I TOTALLY understand the pregnancy guilt. If you ever need to talk about it, give me a call! :) Hope Fargo is treating you well!

Roxeanne said...

Call me. I felt the EXACT same way with this pregnancy.

Kami said...

I agree with Steph. I bet it's a boy! :)

Serena said...

I'm 4 months and 1 week preggers and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! With an almost 3 year old running around and the little extra cush I am still hangin onto from him it's hard to really soak up and embrase the whole pregnancy experience. I'm not the "loved being pregnant" type anyhow and without the newness of it being the first time it's hard to really wrap my brain around having a baby #2. I'm excited all the same for that special moment when I get to see his/her face for the first time. And the little flutters I've recently started feeling seem to be helping me come to realize that "Yes, there's a little someone in there"... Anywho... Can't wait til we know what we're having!!! =D

Gma/GGma Pullen said...

- And I say, boy or girl, who cares! The perfect selection (decision) was made months ago. -- Happy Birthday, Jamie!! We talked about the joy of you last evening - and we watched "Big Fish."