Friday, January 07, 2011

Resolutions

1.  Curbing the Soda Habit.   I've been great about this lately, and have given it up for long stretches in the past (usually during Lent), so I'm thinking...why not try ousting it from the diet for good this year?  I will, however, waylay this resolution on vacations and weekends at the Lake- it will make vacation *that* much sweeter :)

2.  Keeping Junk Off the Dining Room Table.  Somehow, our dining room table has become the mecca for all the random crap in our house.  True, it's mostly because I have two curious little hands that can't reach up there, but I think I can find other places to store the diaper bag, purse, grocery coupons, yadda yadda yadda, and keep the dining table available for....dining.
....After.
3.  More time during the day without TV.   Really, I think we could all do with a little less Dora in our lives.  (Speaking of which, where is all of the childrens programming that doesn't involve CONSTANT SHOUTING?!  I really miss Mister Rogers Neighborhood.  No wonder kids today are such spazzos.)

4.  And, finally, I have GOT to be more committed to this Blog.  I suppose YOU can help keep me accountable to this.  I'm not talking every day, but definitely more than last year (the stats are pretty pathetic, with only six months having more than 8 posts.  Blech!).

There you have it.  I these are all realistic and achievable, so I expect to be reporting success come next January.  How are you doing with your resolutions?

3 comments:

Michele Salas said...

After watching a report about all the places we put down our purses/diaper bags such as public restroom floors etc..I am much less likely to put a purse on the dining room table or my bed for that matter.Luckily I carry a tiny purse that rarely gets put down anywhere.

Roxeanne said...

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is great. Other than that, if you have the Sprout channel it has some pretty good stuff for kids under five. Oh and Word World is on KCET, and it's fantastic. Like it should be mandatory for pre-school children. I swear G doesn't spend all day in front of the TV, but momma needs a break once in a while.

Jamie Stavenger said...

GAH! Michele, I have NEVER thought about that...but will now! GROSS!