Monday, January 10, 2011

It Happens in a Blink!

We celebrated Kendall's first birthday on December 23rd, and what a fun occasion that was!  However, I don't think the reality of having a one-year-old set in until we were bumped from the "nursery" at church to the One-Year-Old room!  In this "big kid room," they have an interactive singing time with the rest of the toddlers, and get a snack (yahhhoooo!).

The new year brings us to pause and remember how much we've taken in this year.  Our baby girl became a toddler right before our eyes!  And, in case you missed it, here is her whole first year in just under four minutes.  We love you, Kendall Mendall!

7 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful job on the video recap! The first year is such an amazing adventure for baby and parents. We're so proud of you all! The song is perfect, too. I could watch it every day. Maybe I will! :)

Jenny said...

Oh, my goodness, Jamie, Kendall is just so precious! What a sweet and happy little girl.
I got a little teary watching this video because it made me realize how quickly Maayu grew this past year. I'm especially emotional because she is my only daughter AND my last baby. They really do grow up in a blink!

Mandy said...

Got tears in my eyes too! Wow, that was a very cool video--you will have to show me how to make one for Evan! Kendall is so lucky to have two parents who love her so much!

Marcia said...

That was a great video! I had the biggest smile on my face through it all. We have a beautiful granddaughter with two amazing parents. Love you all forever --- Mom/Grandma

Gma/GGma said...

We love the technology that allows even great-grandparents to marvel in the growth of generations! Be prepared for the next 10-20-50 years to also "happen in a blink" - for, believe it or not, they will.
Love -- and best wishes for many joyfull years. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

thank you Jamie for the blog of Kendall's first year. She is so precious and you did a great job. I reember after you and Chris was married and we were there in Stockton I told Chris he and Jamie would have beautiful children and did you ever. I just wish we were closer and could see you all more. I told you at Christmas I plan to come visit you on my birthday in May Is that still a go? Love you all so much Grandma/great grandma

Anonymous said...

omg. Loved the video. Of course it made me cry. The word of the song are so true. I'm living life trying not to blink.
-Amanda