Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Thought I'd Never Consider It.

I get them ALL the time...requests to "VOTE FOR MY BABY" in whatever the contest-of-the-day is. Sometimes I'll oblige...but I have to think the baby is pretty darned cute to jump through all the registration hoops they usually require to vote.

I ALSO get comments all the time about how I should enter Kendall in a baby contest (most recently, the two business men sitting next to me on the plane!). The idea of soliciting others for votes is- well, enough for me NOT to do it. But after looking at some of the other 19,000 entries, I figure she's got a legit shot (pshhhh!) :) So, I'm kicking around the idea of entering a photo in the Gerber Generation Photo Contest. You'll have to twist my arm, though. And you'll definitely have to choose which photo I should submit. The idea of choosing ONE blows my mind- the girl has mad modeling skills! (Skills you'd all love to see on a Gerber ad, right?! And we wouldn't mind the $25,000 scholarship, either.)

Here are the top five finalists:
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5

13 comments:

Stephanie Stull said...

I vote for #2, 3, and 4! Lol! They are all SO cute - I couldn't just pick one! And I LOVE cherries so I had to include that one. You have such great taste in clothes...for Kendall and yourself! : )

Kathy said...

Tough decison, but I choose #5.

Jenny said...

Oh, my goodness, Kendall is just SO cute!!! I vote for #1 or #5.

Donna said...

No way for a grandma to pick a favorite, so I think you should get your camera clicking and show us some more "finalists." :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

So, I have votes for 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Thanks- you guys are no help at all! ;)

Ruth said...

I vote for #5. Of course they are ALL cute! The natural pose and bright expression in 5 shows the dynamic Kendall cuteness capability all wrapped in a single photo.

Mamatolucas said...

All very very cute! I think that #5 is the best for the contest though!

Amelia said...

I love the vibrancy of the colors in #1, and #5 really shows her personality.

Psychologically speaking - because, that's what I do, lol - if you want to win a contest, you have to choose an entry that caters to the needs of what the people in charge are looking for and represent. Since it's Gerger, and they advertise a baby's face, I would suggest #2 or #3, because they are close-ups of her face without an adorable hat or anything to distract from the main "selling" point. A face that stands out at a glance is what is going to catch their attention.

Oh and Kendall is way cuter than the other babies, and if she doesn't win, it'll be because she's overqualified for the position. :D

Amelia said...

Ugh..that should say Gerber*, and #3 and #4, not 2.
Good luck! :)

Angela said...

I'm throwing in my vote for #4!

Anonymous said...

I vote 1 or 2 with those gorgeous baby blues

Amy said...

I like 4. Au natural. And her shirt tells people exactly what to do. You're amazing. PS When's the next leftse dog?

Jamie Stavenger said...

Maybe I'll just have my own contest on here...I'm sure to win every time! :)