Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remembering Derek.

I'm home safe and sound after spending about three weeks in California. Chris and I were fortunate to arrive just before Derek lost most communication ability, and even got a "love you" to hold in my heart. It was an extraordinarily difficult trip, but being with my family at this time was irreplaceable.

Many friends and family turned out to honor Derek's life at the Memorial service on Saturday. So many, in fact, that the church was nearly full! What a tribute to his life and impact on others. The following video was played at the conclusion of the service, a beautiful remembrance of his too-short time here.

Derek Petersen (ws) from Dan Baer on Vimeo.



Now that life has returned to (a new) normal, I have every intention of returning to my regular blogging...and there is lots to tell! Stay tuned for a barrage of pictures and news from the Stavengers!

5 comments:

Julie K. said...

Thank you for sharing that video, Jamie. You and your family are in our prayers.

Donna said...

It was such a blessing having you here so we could lean on each other and give Derek all the love and hugs he deserved for his send-off. The love and tears just continue to overflow. Well done, big sister.

http://alberico.net said...

What a beautiful video that I'm sure just scratches the surface of highlighting a beautiful life. May he rest in heaven with our Lord.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Much love from southern california and your old revo family!

Also we are looking forward to the baby posts and photos!

Perksofbeingme said...

I'm sending you lots and lots of love and hugs.

Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing your life and touching my heart. I look forward so very much to your blog :)