Thursday, May 07, 2009

Like a Thief in the Night...

There's a simple explanation for my absence on the blog...zero energy. And zero is being fairly generous- if I could use a negative integer, I would. If you've been pregnant, you can certainly empathize with the first trimester blaaaaaahs. On the sunny side, I've been really thankful that my sleepy state has been the most inconvenient symptom...and then last night happened. It was like my body abruptly realized that I was in my seventh week, and it was overdue on making me feel like hell! My asian chicken salad- the one I sought out specifically during a salad craving- gloriously made it's way back up into the light.

Before "the sickness" came, I was able to 1) finish the class I've been taking for my license (hear the joy on this side of the screen??!), and 2) enjoy a weekend in the twin cities with my Stavenger gal pals, minus Carrie. My wonderful Mom-In-Law scored us tickets to a touring production of "Legally Blonde: The Musical" which was oh-so-fun and oh-so-pink! Bonus: the lead actress (Elle) has Moorhead connections, an alumna of the same high school my husband attended. It was fun meeting her and many others at the "after party". Thanks for a fun weekend, girls!

Oh the things one can find at the mall...

Alissa and I at "Legally Blonde". Yes, this is inside the theater, and yes, this picture was taken "illegally". We're such rebels ;)

1 comment:

the husband said...

Sorry for making you all sick! I guess I have to take some blame for it. Hope you feel better and thanks for carrying little Stav in your belly!