Thursday, May 14, 2009

Baby's First Photos

For the hardcore fans....or those who like looking at fuzzy blurry baby blobs, this is for you!

On Monday we had our pre-natal appointment, and the NP performed a little ultrasound for us. Apparently, baby Stavenger already likes the spotlight, because as soon as she found him/her on the screen, he/she started dancing for us! Quite the scene stealer, even without fully formed arms and legs :) We also got the updated word on the due date...at this time, we are 9 weeks along, not 8 as we had expected. SO, D-day is estimated at December 14, a little farther away from Christmas. Yay. This was extra great news, since that shaves off a whole week of my first trimester which, aside from fatigue, hasn't been that bad!

In other pregnancy-brain news, it seems I have lost mine. While teaching yesterday, the word "definition" completely escaped my vocabulary. Oh, and I spent 5 minutes trying to unclasp my bra the other day before realizing I had worn it inside out all day long. Fortunately, my lost brain cells have quickly been replenished with such fourth grade knowledge as this:
"If you don't brush your hair for 6 weeks, you'll have dreadlocks."
"If your baby is born on Christmas, he'll have the same birthday as Santa Claus."
And, of course, "Zach Efron is soooooooo hot!"

Onward into month 3!

11 comments:

Phil said...

Yay for dancing jellybean baby! Those pictures are so exciting. =)

Becky said...

Weird...your baby looks exactly like my baby. White blurry blobs must be in right now!

http://alberico.net said...

Congrats on the Gummi Bear, how exciting it must have been.

Becky said...

This was one of my favorite parts of the pregnancy....seeing her for the first time. Congrats!

Sarah said...

Kind of looks like a squirrel...

;-)

jmom said...

So cute and lovable already!

StavMom said...

AMAZING! Which side of the family does he/she look like????

Jamie Stavenger said...

Hard to say, Marcia, but he/she sure dances like a Stavenger :)

the husband said...

So according to Jamie, the baby is an awesome dancer with some crazy moves! Stavenger's are the best dancers!

Laura Gipson said...

Hi Jamie! I just found out your good news from my sister today! Obviously, I have been very bad about reading your blog, and since canceling my FB account, I am really out of the loop. :) CONGRATULATIONS! I will be keeping up with you a bit better now. :)

Angela said...

Before you know it, you'll be going back for the ultra-sound where you get to see those arms and legs! I LOVED that.

Feel free to have that little munchkin on December 11, my birthday :)