Friday, February 01, 2008

...And There Goes January.

Can you believe it!? I can't believe we have already knocked out a MONTH of 2008! And what do I have to show for it? Well, I'm still knee-deep in paperwork for Minnesota Teacher Licensing. I'm witnessing many wedding details coming together. I'm finding my way around Duluth pretty successfully. And I haven't burnt down the kitchen with all of my experimentation.

It has been wildly fun being a part of Chris' life up close. I love opportunities we have to go places TOGETHER...previously, quite a novelty in our relationship! Here are just a few snapshots of our Minnesota adventures:

We got to join in the retirement celebration for a doctor at Orthopedic Associates, where Chris works. It was a rare opportunity to dress up and eat food that we couldn't pronounce. Very shi-shi, very fun meeting Chris' colleagues.

Chris' brother, Eric, took the 4-wheeler out for a spin on his recent visit. The boys like visiting my temporary digs at the lake for all the 4-wheeling fun...it's like watching kids in a candy shop. Too cold for me, though.


We made a trip down to Minneapolis to visit some of Chris' college friends, and hit up a piano bar- dueling pianos with a mediocre entertainment level. But we were in good company, and the dinner was excellent!

And I've been really good about avoiding hitting these...though quite a few have popped out at me! As I write this, there are a number of kids tobogganing in Chris' backyard. I kinda hate to say it, but I might miss the snow when it's gone...

4 comments:

spom said...

Did dual in the dualing pianos?

Stacey

spom said...

I meant ask if YOU were one of the dualers!

Jamie Stavenger said...

I was not a part of the dualing piano spectacle...but it brought back some good memories!

Jamie Stavenger said...

I was not a part of the dualing piano spectacle...but it brought back some good memories!