Friday, March 21, 2014

Reasons My Son Is Crying.

If you haven't seen this website, you must. Go now.
Especially if you have a toddler.
Especially if you have a toddler that cries.

www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com

Oh, I could fill a book with all the ridiculous reasons my children have freaked out.  I thought I'd keep my camera handy and capture some of these special moments from my own child.  It's tough being a toddler!  Here's the proof:
I chose to sing him "Jesus Loves Me" at bedtime.  He wanted "Step In Time" from Mary Poppins.

Daddy was giving Mommy a hug.
Daddy took him out of his carseat instead of Mommy.  "Mommy take me ouuuuuut"...for the next 30 minutes.
I put the tray of the highchair (which he doesn't use) in the dishwasher.
He asked me to put music on.  I put on Justin Timberlake.  He lost his mind.
He wanted hot dogs.  But not the hot dogs I gave him on his plate.  The OTHER hot dogs...in the refrigerator.
It's not all nuddles, people...but they certainly make these little bouts of insanity easier to sweep under the rug. 


17 comments:

Jeannie said...

I feel like he has a point with the Justin Timberlake thing..

Lindsay Kent said...

I am going to copy you and document my child. Should be interesting! Love your pics and "explanations"

Jonas Bundy said...

Therapeutic. Thank you

Kristina Powell said...

Love. I feel like I can write a book on crazy reasons my Jack has freaked out! Lol

Tiffany Hull said...

These are fantastic. I (in my own moments of fits) forget what minimal issues can set them off! Great way to see past their tantrums. Thanks for sharing.

Renee Critz said...

I can't stop laughing because I totally understand. I just wish I could laugh when my daughter is going through these moments! The crying/whining is like nails on a chalk board.

Nina said...

The high chair tray is my favorite.

Heidi Snavely said...

I'm sorry Carter, but I laughed. I am concerned about your reaction to JT, though. He is friend not foe.

Brandy Carlson said...

I know you cherish these moments because when Carter used to cry it was due to pain. Now, he is living a pain free life and crying over toddler stuff. When I read your blog that is what I thought instantly! God is good.

Mandy Weaver said...

Ha ha! I should do my own blog post about that!

Jamie Stavenger said...

Brandy, THANK YOU for that! I think the same thing all the time!!

Kelli Vivatson said...

This totally happens at our house. Max is 21mo and I was thinking this same thing when this past week he was screaming at the fridge for a half an hour for cottage cheese. I told him 'you cant have cottage cheese for every meal.' Screams and tears.

Jenn Glenn said...

You have just taught me how to stop losing my mind and start pointing and laughing! Thank you! This is going to be one of my new regular IG posts...now to come up with the perfect #hashtag

Jeannette said...

I love the expressive eye brows on your little guy! I DO remember those days!

Greta Bundy said...

I was just thinking I've had enough of Kaiyah crying for "no reason". I don't think she feels good... but seriously... enough of the terrible threes. Enough.

Amelia said...

I just spent an hour on that site. I have homework to do. Sigh...

Valerie Turner said...

Just expressing himself so that someday he can be a great writer like his mom.