Sunday, May 06, 2012
Preparations and Prayer
We're filling out paperwork and making final preparations for Carter's surgery on Thursday.
Tonight we ordered the above arm immobilizers so he won't be able to touch his eyes post surgery.
It's heart wrenching.
I've been talking to Jesus a lot lately, mainly about our little guy.
I'm confused about why this trial is necessary, but I've heard two things loud and clear from Him:
1) We are in the right place. I've wondered why our move to Fargo was part of His plan...perhaps this is it. Our pediatrician "happened" to refer us to her "favorite" eye doctor in town, who just "happened" to have done her residency with a nationally-recognized Pediatric Glaucoma Specialist. (Literally, she writes the textbook on it.) Had we been anywhere else, this may not have even been diagnosed, let alone treated by such a capable surgeon.
2) Jesus loves me. He never lets go, through the calm and through the storm...
If you are walking this trial with us, could we ask you to pray for some specific things?
1) Pray that Carter's condition requires the lesser of two invasive surgeries.
2) Pray that his tiny body responds well to the anesthesia.
3) Pray that his recovery is swift and as painless as possible.
4) Pray for God to give Chris and me emotional and physical strength to endure this week.
5) Pray for safe travels for Grandma Donna, who is coming to care for Kendall.
"Thank you" is not adequate enough for all the support and love we've received these past few weeks. God has blessed us with the best possible community of friends!
Updates to come...