Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Dear Uncle Derek...

Dear Uncle Derek,

    It's me, Carter.  I came to visit the special place we go to remember you.  The sun was bright, and it hurt my little eyes, but I still thought it was pretty neat.  Mommy tells me about how brave you were when you got sick.  I know they did many surgeries on you.  I have to have surgery this week, too.  I'm really little, so I don't really know what's going on.  But, I know there are a LOT of people praying for me!  Mommy and Daddy will be there with me, and they tell me that this will make me feel better.  Would you mind holding my hand in the operating room, too?  You know, just in case I am a teeny bit scared?  Someday I'll be able to tell people about the cool way God healed my eyes, and how I was brave like my Uncle Deez.  Thanks for taking care of me from Heaven!

Love,  Your Favorite Nephew

4 comments:

Angela said...

So precious, Jamie. Praying for Carter (and you!) tomorrow.

Marcia said...

Thank you, Uncle Derek, for holding our little Carter's hand!

Anonymous said...

praying for Carter's doctors, nurses, and caregivers, too!

Gma/GGma Pullen said...

This is surgery day - and all of you are in thoughts and concerns. Derek will have lots of help with the 'hand-holding' job as 'thousands of unseen hands' reach out to give Carter and his care-givers all the support possible. We're 'reaching' and sending love from Tucson!!