Thursday, December 08, 2011

Born to Breed

As I was walking into the mall to finish some Christmas shopping yesterday, I couldn't believe that just a week ago I was in the hospital having a baby!

Yup, as of November 28th, I'm officially not pregnant :)  We welcomed Carter at 8:23 p.m. last Monday, four days overdue.  And, as I could have predicted, he was BIG.  At 9 lbs 12 oz, he still failed to eclipse his sister!

It was an anxious and emotional few days leading up to Carter's birthday...both of my parents were visiting us on fixed travel schedules, and after my dad had to return to CA prior to meeting Carter, I was beginning to think they both would completely miss it!  My plea for induction before Thanksgiving was met with rejection, so all I could do was hope it would happen naturally- and soon.

I went in for a doctor appointment/non-stress test for the baby that Monday, and after looking at my monitor feed, the nurse informed me I was having contractions.  I was completely unaware of this because 1) they didn't hurt, and 2) my labor with Kendall was all in my back.  She was pretty optimistic that I had made some progress with dilating, so I looked forward to the doctor's opinion.  It didn't take him long to ask me "if I wanted to have a baby today".  YESSSS!

I had a couple of hours before I was to check in to the birthing center...enough time to make sure I had everything packed, call the necessary parties (including Chris at work), and spend some special time with Kendall.

My labor started out pretty difficult, being that I waited longer to get the epidural this time around.  But once that sweet relief came, the rest was a breeze!  Just a few pushes and Carter was out.  My doctor told Chris to pick up a shirt for me that says "Born to Breed".  :)
Hospital bound...one last hug for my "baby" girl!
Here we go....round two!
I'm focused on contractions and Chris is focused on....his football scores :-/
First minute of life!
Baby?  Who cares!  There's a BALLOON!!!!!
So glad my mom was here to be a part of Carter's birth!
BAM!  Family of FOUR!
Time for your close-up, Carter!

Kicking our feet up after a long day!
Daddy's favorite boy.

Our handsome little guy!

Home sweet home!

2 comments:

Gma/GGma Pullen said...

Precious! You must admit that "Every night a child is born is a Holy Night." What a beautiful and unspoiled bundle you have, ready for your influence in learning to enjoy life.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stav's!
What a perfect family you've got! I love the picture of Chris on the phone and you in labor...typical guy move! J/k, Love ya Stav!
-Guimond