Monday, December 19, 2011

Slow Down, Christmas!

I've been trying to figure out why it feels like the Christmas season is passing me by at warp speed this year, and I've come up with a few theories; 

1)  I didn't leave my house for a month.  Okay, that's an exaggeration.  But my trips to the mall and other highly decorated stores were few and far between around Thanksgiving.  You say Michaels had Christmas decor out in August?  I had no idea.

2)  If Christmas music has been playing for more than a week on the radio, I didn't know anything about it.  Why?  Nothing plays in on my car stereo except Little Einsteins and "Mick Mou" DVDs.  I haven't had a chance to get sick of Christmas music*!  (*With the exception of the highly over-covered "Breath of Heaven" and "Mary, Did You Know".  Seriously, musicians, please write new stuff.)

3) We haven't attended any Christmas parties.  Not. A. Single. One.  Typically, we have Chris' work parties to attend, and some kind of Church leadership gathering.  This year, nothin'.  I'm pretty bummed that I haven't had a reason to dress up and get out of the house!  I'm thankful, however, that the free food and drink at such extravaganzas haven't brought about unholy gluttonous temptations :)

4) Our mailbox has been pretty void of Christmas cards this year.  Obviously, most of our friends haven't updated their address list to include our new address.  Slowly, they're trickling in as forwarding (to another incorrect address, might I add...) kicks in. 

5) I've been preoccupied with other things.  What, you ask?  You obviously haven't been around this blog very long.


Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year.  So, the fact that this is the LAST week to legitimately enjoy the sights and sounds of the season saddens me (sure, I can pop in my Glee Christmas CD in February, but it's not the saaaaaaaame.)  I'm hoping this week brings opportunities to slow down and savor every last drop of Christmas, and I wish the same for you!

No comments: