Monday, April 11, 2011

Ten Things I'll Miss Most About Duluth: #10 Fitger's Brewhouse

As our days in Duluth wind to a close, I thought I'd take some time to appreciate all the things I've grown to love about this city. 

If you have come to visit us during our time in Duluth, you HAVE BEEN to Fitger's Brewhouse.  It's our go-to Northland dining experience for visitors, date nights, and gatherings with friends.  It was the first place I ate when visiting Duluth.  In fact, on that fateful day, our table was positioned under the "You'll Love Duluth" sign.  I made jokes about it at the time, but it was truly quite prophetic.  And it was the first meal I had after my labor with Kendall (in the hospital, thanks to my loyal runners!). 

I have devoured more of their beer-battered fries than I care to think about, each one totally worth the souvenir calories it comes with.  Chris' mouth starts watering at the mere mention of the "Beau Burger", and though I'm no beer connoisseur, the unique flavors and brews are the best around. 

There WILL be weekend trips to Duluth in our future, if not only to re-visit one of our favorite restaurants, Fitger's Brewhouse!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Can I come, too?

Donna said...

Fun memories of Kendall skinning a pickle there with her brand new teeth. :)

Kathy said...

Totally agree! Their wildrice burger is amazing, as is the chicken chipotle salad! Now I'm hungry...