Sunday, November 14, 2010

Welcome, Winter! I'll Enjoy You...For Now.

We had quite a snowstorm yesterday that left it's wintery fingerprint on Minnesota. Half of our apple tree is now lying on the ground...it's branches surrendered to the weight of the snow last night. I suppose it's time to take down the autumn decorations, because they just look wrong against the snowy backdrop. Now it's even MORE tempting to put up the Christmas tree and officially ring in the Christmas season! (The only thing stopping me is the idea of having to keep Kendall away from it for a month and a half.) I brought my camera with me as I ventured to the grocery store this afternoon. Not sure these pictures convey just how WHITE and beautiful it is outside...

(above and below: our backyard)

Our street...

A more artistic interpretation of a street in our neighborhood...

A random set of stairs off the main road...

The pond at the cemetery next door to us...


It's days like this that I wish my California friends could see how beautiful Duluth can be! Pictures just don't do it justice.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

That IS beautiful, Jamie! But I'll let you enjoy...forever! ;0)

Anonymous said...

The pond and the "artistic" street would make wonderful cards; or black & white pair of framed pictures. Enjoy it! Rosa

http://alberico.net said...

*sigh* I REALLY do miss living in snow.

Amelia said...

You know, it's funny; I was thinking of you guys buried in snow as I basked in the warmth and sunshine on the soft sandy beaches of Koh Samet last weekend, sipping my pina colada.. ;)

The pictures are beautiful, but I wouldn't have traded my warm November birthday for anything. Stay cozy!

Becky said...

It really is beautiful! And look at you and your mad photography skills!

Kami said...

Holy cow!! Those pictures are beautiful and if they don't do the real beauty justice... I just can't even imagine it! Fun to have white Christmases (Christmas'? Christmi?), huh? :)

Aunt Evy said...

It really is magical!
Denver is another good place for winter magic, by the way...
;)