Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Don't Judge Me. I'm Pregnant.


Lately, I've been thinking about getting a job in a tire store.
Or a shoe store.
Or a floormat-making factory.
And, though tennis is out-of-the-question for me right now, I wouldn't mind picking up a few dozen cans of new tennis balls.

Call it a weird pregnancy quirk, but I'm currently obsessed with the smell of rubber.
I've considered having my baby shower moved to the local Payless Shoe Source.
I've left Chris alone in Home Depot so I could stand in the rugs and mats aisle for a while.
I've thought about finding a quiet corner at the Goodyear store to sit and read.
And I adore picking up a coffee at the local grocery store, because right next to the pick-up counter, there is a display of welcome mats that smell like heaven.

Screw the coffee, give me a floormat!
And if you're coming to my baby shower, you might want to bypass the cute little fleece sleeper and bring me a can of tennis balls instead. I'll be your best friend.

Anyone want to pop open a can of Wilsons right now with me, or am I crazy?

5 comments:

Angela said...

As long you don't want to EAT the rubber, then you're OK. :)

Jamie Stavenger said...

My mouth is watering thinking about the smell...kind of an odd physiological response since- and you'll be happy to know- I have no interest in EATING the rubber. :)

Heidi said...

OMG OMG OMG this may be my favorite blog entry of your EVER!!!!!! Hilarious

Unknown said...

You KNOW I love this post : ) Sniff, Sniff!

Sarah said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm not pregnant, but I crave the smell of pine-sol, and chlorine. My mouth actually waters thinking about it...

So strange!!