Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Happy Birrrr...th....da...Zzzzzzz.


If my birthday seemed short, that's because it was.

Chris and I caught the red-eye flight to MN a little after midnight, on which we lost two hours of our day and neither of us got much sleep. We returned to a very rainy, windy Minneapolis and hopped in the car for a 3 hour drive home. Chris did a great job, though we had to stop for a 20 minute snooze. Back in Duluth around 10 a.m., we went straight to bed. My birthday afternoon started around 2 p.m., followed by dinner out and a movie in. Both of us fell asleep, so the end of the movie was postponed in lieu of some more zzzzs.

For my last birthday without kids, I guess lots of sleep was a great gift. :)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Sleep will become a more cherished gift as time goes on, and babies arrive on the scene. Enjoy it for a few more months!