Monday, March 10, 2008

Poor Choices

...leave those who love you bruised.
...leave those who love you confused.
...leave a wake behind you that will cause ripples for years and years.
...can shake the foundation of faith for those starting on their journey.
...WILL bring conviction that you will not be able to evade for long, like those credit collectors that call and call and call until you pick up the phone and take care of it.

Like other Revolutionaries (former and current) that have posted their thoughts about recent events, I am HURT and I am DISAPPOINTED by the personal decisions of this man. I remember this being posted on David's blog a couple months ago:

When you leave your family, your ministry, your life...
When you do so for another woman, a MOM who leaves HER family, HER life...
When you are no longer employed, have no support, no friends to turn to,
You are NOT THINKING. I thought this was a strength of yours.
And apparently 84% Judging was not enough, because it left 16% open for gruesome misinterpretation.

David, your poor choices have left a church family crippled.
You've left your children in tears.
You've betrayed friends who would have had your back in trial and confusion...
who would have walked through darkness with you.

You've traded it all in for the ultimate in selfishness.

There's a tattoo on your wrist to remind you of that...every day.

Family at Revolution, I am praying for your solidarity during this difficult storm. In many ways I wish I was there to walk through it with you. Christopher, Christina, and the rest of the lead team: may God anoint you with supernatural doses of energy and endurance so you can carry on His vision for this ministry.

10 comments:

Team Parks: Jason and Kristin said...

Amen and Amen.

I need not say anymore.

If you need to fly home for any reason, please let me know and I will see about getting you the best deal I can get you.
Jason Parks

http://alberico.net said...

Jamie,

You have no idea the amount of emotion which was expressed yesterday... the words "poor choices" are an UNDERSTATEMENT for what he did...

His wife however is one of the most bravest persons I've ever met, her live / videotaped testimony was so hard to watch and at the same time amazingly encouraging. She is a wonderful woman, which makes it all even harder to understand.

We do miss you and selfishly would love your presence right now.

Great point about the tatoo!

Hope all is well with wedding planning.

Steph said...

preach it.

i pray he sees this!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Stavenger said...

Just to clarify, I really do believe that Dave preached the truth. His messages were scripturally sound and obviously changed the lives of many.

God's words are truth.

However, we feel betrayed because he was not infusing those truths into his own life. It's a shame.

It's so hard to think that there is redemption for even him. I'm not ready to go there just yet.

Phil said...

We miss you more than ever, Jamie.

To reflect on what Angelo mentioned, I think that Laura's amazing display of pain, hope, and love - to some extent - bound this family back together in an instant.

We were at the Downey service (I know, you move to Minnesota and we start going to Downey, go figure) and Christopher totally said it straight. David still spoke God's truth into our lives. His sermons and service were still a way for us to be transformed and grow closer to god - hell, David baptized me, and I don't think that I'm somehow tainted or false because of his recent personal collapse.

It's not David's church, it's not Christopher's or Laura's or Christina's or anyone's church but Jesus. Truth and love can still come of it even though people are damaged... in some cases, SEVERELY. It's the whole point of Christ's message, right? We're all worthy.

But the rest of us can still be pissed off to no end.

Link2Shell said...

Hi Jamie,
I am glad to say I can always count on hearing honest and encouraging words from your heart.

Carlos and I know we love David, and will always love David. We also know this ugly situation does not take away from anything he taught. Right now I feel like at some point, for David it all just became information and a job, what he started and what needed to be done. Life is not a check list of to do's.

This separation from God David is experiencing can not last forever and when it hits him and he realizes he can't turn back the clock. He is going to experience the lowest point in his life. God forgive him.

Michele.

MLasch said...

I'm with you. I'm not ready to go to the "redemption" part yet. I'm still working through the betrayal part.

When I saw the 100% thinking part of David's personality, I guess that refers to 100% of the time spent thinking about yourself.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am praying for the congregations of Revolution and especially these two families and children. This is absolutely appalling and devastating!! I am so deeply sorry. The enemy will NOT have the last say or laugh...Christ IS victorious and will work out all things for the good of those that love Him.
kim