Monday, March 17, 2008

Organizational Overload

Hello, all!
Time is FLYING, as I'll be leaving for California on Friday and counting down 5 weeks 'til the big fiesta! Chris and I just returned this weekend from Moorhead, where Chris' mom and friends threw me a wedding shower. It was wonderful meeting some of the moms that have memories of Chris as a kiddo, and several women came quite a distance to join the party. I felt "showered" with love...and gifts. However, after a shower, one typically feels clean. I'm feeling quite dirty (or, at least the house is!) as I sit here amongst boxes, bags, tissue and heaps of envelopes. I suppose it's a good problem to have! Now comes the daunting task of finding space for everything- throwing out the old and replacing with new. We're seriously lacking some storage in the kitchen, which creates a dilemma when trying to two new sets of dishes, serveware, LOTS of glasses and the family-sized griddle that Chris HAD to have. Oy.

Do I look like a Stavenger yet? This is Chris' sister, Carrie, me, Chris' mom and Alissa, Chris' sister-in-law. She has beautiful eyes...you'll have to take my word for it. :)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

hey now, don't be messin with the man's girdle.. i mean griddle.

LynzMiller said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe it's only 5 more weeks until your wedding. That went by super fast. I am truly excited for you Jaime. Where are you going for your honeymoon?

Jamie Stavenger said...

We're off to Victoria, British Columbia for a week of re-lax-ing! I'm hoping for a day at the spa and some horseback riding on the beach :)

Unknown said...

Well, the good thing about a cross country flight is that you'll have lots of time to write 'thank you' notes :)