Sunday, January 27, 2013

Star Spangled Silliness

Dude.
One whole month of 2013 is almost in the books, and I have TWO blog posts to show for it!
It's not that I don't have a whole stash of amazing prose in my brain...(that may be a slight exaggeration...)
It's just that, well, we're on potty watch 24/7 'round here.
You know how that goes.
"Kendall, do you need to go potty?"  "Kendall, let's sit on the potty!"  "Kendall, no!  Wait!  Let's get to the potty before you.....sigh."
As it is, my hands wreak of anti-bacterial hand soap, 409 and carpet cleaner are in the bullpen, and my eyes have been perpetually fixed on the aforementioned three-year-old.

So, there you have it...a whole blog post about why I haven't written more blog posts.  Awesome.

Here's a random tangent...
All of the media attention regarding Beyonce's alleged lip-syncing has been, in my opinion, silliness- silliness we'll have to relive in several days because I'm pretty sure Superbowl Halftime acts get a teeny weeny bit of recorded help, and the "controversy" will be kicked up all over again.  I'm okay with it.  There are plenty of variables that make a live, outdoor show quite challenging.  Just do your thing, Beyonce.  Do your thing.

I saw this and it made me laugh hysterically...I think even non-musicians can appreciate the humor in this:
I'm sure Alicia Keys will produce a similar rendition this weekend before the big game.
We'll enjoy watching it with good friends and good food :)

1 comment:

Prekelicious said...

I don't think I have ever NOT laughed when somebody sings the Star Spangled Banner. It is never done well. I might admit to maybe hearing it done well just a handful of times my entire life. And if you can't sing to begin with, why would you add your own flavor? Francis wrote it nicely to begin with. And he was under fire. Stick with his rendition. Sheesh. I can't wait to see Alicia do it with you! YAY!