Thursday, October 25, 2012

What a Spectacle!

We visited the optical store recently and had Carter fitted for some new frames!
Now, there wasn't a huge selection of infant-sized glasses, so they are actually ordering in some more from which we can select.  But we got a general idea of what they look like on him, even though he was making his "bitter beer face" most of the time.

Which do YOU think suits our little guy the best?
OPTION 1:  Long and squarish.  We really liked these on his face, though the stickers in the picture make his eyes look a little cray-cray.  These are Flexicon, so they twist and are virtually indestructible. 

OPTION 2:  Long and Rounded.  LOVED these, but this particular style was Nick Jr. featuring Dora the Explorer.  So wrong for him, but I'm open to seeing something similar.

OPTION 3:  Roundish.  SUPER CUTE for a costume, perhaps, but I thought these came across a little Harry Potter-ish.  I don't know...this picture is making me have second thoughts.  I kinda like 'em!


OK- your turn.  What's your vote?

10 comments:

Amelia said...

I like option 3! But he'll look adorable in any of them. Perhaps the "indestructible" ones might be a wise choice though...seeing how he is..an infant.. ;)

Maybe there'll be a gem or two in the new shipment! :D Keep us updated!

Nathan Voyer said...

I believe he looks distinguished in Option 1. I think option 1 also fits the shape of his face, forehead, and jawline. Also, "indestructible" is more practical.

Unknown said...

3 for me...

Unknown said...

Carol votes for 3.

Anonymous said...

3 for me too. They are all cute but, hey, Harry Potter made a gazillion dollars wearing specs like those! Besides, most everyone sees the person behind the frames, not the frames themselves. You'll get used to it like we did with Luke.

Trish said...

I REALLY like #1 :) They are so cute!!! My little hunny bunny!

Emily Bakken said...

I like option 1. Indestructible? YES.

Unknown said...

I like #2 but know that Carter would not agree as Dora is probably not his favorite! Between the other ones, I would have to vote for pair #1!

Anonymous said...

Valerie:
Definitely voting for Number 1. Can I stuff the ballot box? Flexible and indestructible, that's what I've needed in my glasses. And he looks very cute!

Angela said...

One!!