Friday, May 07, 2010

A Mommy's Love


In Your Eyes

In your eyes, Mom,
I have always been the prettiest,
The smartest, the funniest
The one with the potential
To do anything.

In your eyes,
My failures are but
Practice for success
My weaknesses
But strengths in the making
My mistakes
But an opportunity to learn

In your eyes,
I am the strongest
And the softest.
I am the shoulder
The world can cry on
And the rock
It can lean on

In your eyes,
I am the most creative
And artistic
My every stick figure
The Mona Lisa
My every clay figure
David

In your eyes,
I am the most loved and loving
Everyone's best friend
The perfect daughter
The perfect mother
The perfect wife
A beautiful person to know

And when I see myself
Reflected in your eyes
I see someone
Ten times the person I'll ever be-
I see you.

(Melissa Peek)

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! You really are amazing. And everyone who knows you knows exactly what I mean.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Thank you, my dear daughter, for the sweet poem. You are learning quickly about the eyes and heart of a mom, aren't you? I've been waiting to see you experience that joy of joys, and now you are. Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!