Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ten Things I'll Miss Most About Duluth: #1 Our First Home

As I blog this, we have an offer pending on our house!  It seems unreal that it soon will belong to someone else. 

My all-time favorite Duluth memory is the morning we brought Kendall home from the hospital.  There was a blizzard on Christmas Eve, and there were massive snow banks lining our street.  When we went inside, there was Christmas music playing, our tree was lit and beautiful, there was a fire roaring (by video on the TV- no fireplace), and it smelled of apple cider (all thanks to my Mom and Dad).  I put Kendall down and took it all in.  Despite having lived there over a year, it was that moment that really made it feel like HOME.

We proudly displayed the beautiful wedding gifts we received as a reminder of that wonderful day.
We enjoyed visits from friends and family, and dinners around our table.
We worked tediously at making Kendall's nursery a soothing, safe place for her to sleep and grow. 
We have memories of many Kendall "firsts", all with that house as a backdrop.

Driving up to our house on Christmas Day, 2009

The beautiful gift we brought home from the hospital :)

Our living room, all cozy and cluttered with gifts!
Kendall won't remember it, but I will always cherish the time spent in that house- the place where I became a wife and a mommy.

2 comments:

Donna said...

As first houses go, this was a winner for the title "Home Sweet Home." The first three years of your married life, nearly half of that time with baby Kendall, will hold a special place always. The pictures will be Kendall's memory of her very first home and the cherished times there. They were cherished times for us, too.

Mandy said...

I can't believe you got an offer already! You really have to call me and update me!!!